The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic ushered in a new era of mental health and mental health services. Remote mental health support became more popular as individuals grappled with the world around them.
As communities throughout the United States continue to experience a growing need for behavioral health services, companies like Aptihealth are rising through the cracks to fulfill those needs.
Digital behavioral health companies are becoming an increasingly important modality of treatment and delivery for services that can tangibly improve lives. From virtual therapy sessions with credentialed professionals to support services regarding medical dosing, help can be quick and convenient.
Aptihealth services the needs of physicians in and around New York State. Aptihealth works with these professionals to streamline access to behavioral health services for patients, bringing care in an expedited manner.
A Growing Need for Behavioral Health Services
As the COVID-19 pandemic waged its war on a population’s mental and physical health, publications like Behavioral Health Business published the obvious: growing industry trends showed how important healthcare was becoming. The publication would point to behavioral health sciences as a rapidly growing industry trend for 2023 and beyond.
According to various publications by the W.H.O., millions of individuals throughout the United States are impacted by the realities of behavioral concern. Nearly one-fifth of the population reported being affected by behavioral health issues in 2020. The most commonly reported disorders during this period included
- Anxiety – Anxiety disorders impact more than 42 million adults in the United States alone. This condition includes panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and generalized anxiety.
- Depression – Nearly 21 million adults in the United States are impacted by clinical depression. Studies show that depression affects nearly 3 million teens ages 12 to 17.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder – Also known as PTSD, post-traumatic stress disorder impacts nearly 12 million adults in the United States. PTSD can be caused by violence, traumatic incidents, kidnapping, sexual assault, and other incidents where an individual fears for their life.
How Aptihealth Is Providing Targeted Medical Solutions
Aptihealth was realized in 2017 when the company announced its clear vision: to become the nation’s most prominent provider of services targeting mental health solutions. Aptihealth developed a five-part plan to help encapsulate their goals, touched upon below.
- Expand Evidence-Based Care
- Personalize Patient Care By Leveraging Clinical Science
- Eliminate Financial Roadblocks and Replace Them With Feasible Alternatives
- Enable Providers to Deliver Optimal Patient Outcomes
- Lead With Integrity and Compliance
Aptihealth continues its preparation to bring operations to scale, enhancing its infrastructure while expanding into more extensive provider networks. Intending to impact the most people possible, the leadership at Aptihealth is confident in their ever-growing list of services.