Rhinoplasty is the medical name for surgical procedures that some people call “nose job.” It involves surgical reconstruction and shaping of bone and cartilage to enhance the appearance or function of the nose.
Your other facial features, the skin on the nose and what you want to change are considered when planning the procedure. If you are a candidate for rhinoplasty, your surgeon will develop a personalized plan for you. There are several medical centers you can get the service from, for instance if you are in Houston, you can search rhinoplasty houston.
Why is Rhinoplasty done?
- It can be done to correct problems due to an injury, and to correct some birth defects.
- Reduce the size of the nose
- Change the shape of the tip or bridge of the nose
- Restrict the opening of the nostrils
- Readjust the space between the nose
- Correct a birth defect or injury
- Help relieve breathing problems in the nose
- Nose surgery can be regarded as optional when done for beauty purposes, in order to change the shape of the nose to one that is more desirable. Many specialists prefer to perform cosmetic rhinoplasty after the nasal bone has grown.
- Just as any major surgery, rhinoplasty has risks such as:
- A bad reaction to the anesthesia.
- Problems breathing through the nose.
- The possibility of an uneven nose.
- Pain, discoloration or swelling that may last.
- Scar formation.
- A hole in the wall between the right and left nostril. This condition is called septal perforation.
- Need for further surgery.
- Change in the sense of smell.
Talk to your healthcare provider about how these risks apply to you.
Rhinoplasty is often performed to correct structural problems in the nose that make breathing through the nose difficult. A common problem is a deviated septum
Help with sinus problems
When the sinuses become blocked and filled with fluid, they attract bacteria and become infected. If the patient has chronic sinusitis, or the sinusitis keeps coming back, the surgeon will check them for structural problems in the nose or sinuses.
Some nasal deformities are caused by birth defects. Getting rid of them during these procedures improves the clients physical appearance.
Snoring can be a surprisingly serious problem. It is a most common reason for divorce, and almost a quarter of married people sleep in different bedrooms because one of them snores.
Research has found that people look at another person’s eyes first and then their nose. As the most noticeable aspect of the face, the nose will fascinate attention for better or for worse. A well-shaped nose increases an individual’s attraction, while a crooked nose drags it down.
Feel more confident
On the other hand, an attractive and symmetrical nose can strengthen a person’s confidence in their appearance with the help of rhinoplasty.
Rhinoplasty can change bone, cartilage, skin or all three.
In conclusion, rhinoplasty can help in improving one’s physical appearance.